The Council is an elected body and consists of the President and six trustees. The Council’s duty is to legislate as a whole and consider the health, welfare and safety of the citizens that elect them by establishing fiscally sound budgets, policies and procedures to do so. The President of the Council serves as the chief executive officer and not only presides at each meeting but also votes on each question.
Our Village Council is the legislative body of Mackinaw City. The Council Trustees also serve as the Zoning Board of Appeals. These elected officials, along with the Village President, make the policy decisions which protect the health, safety, and welfare of our community.
Village Hall Council Chambers, 102 S. Huron Avenue
The public is encouraged to attend. Please feel free to browse the minutes and agendas of these meetings. Also, if you decide to attend the meetings, please be aware that no cell phones and pagers are allowed to be operated or left on during the meetings.
All communications, petitions, etc. must be in the office of the Village Clerk by 12pm on the Thursday proceeding each meeting in order to be placed on the agenda.
- Scott P. Newman, President
- Tom Chastain, ProTem
- John Lemanski, Trustee
- Enzo Lieghio, Trustee
- Paul Michalak, Trustee
- Belinda Mollen, Trustee
- George Ranville, Trustee
- Facilities and Streets: Belinda Mollen (Chair), Paul Michalak, Tom Chastain
- Finance and Human Resources: George Ranville (Chair), Paul Michalak, Tom Chastain
- Marina: Tom Chastain (Chair), Enzo Lieghio, Belinda Mollen
- Ordinance and Policy: Paul Michalak (Chair), John Lemanski, George Ranville
- Public Safety: Belinda Mollen (Chair), Enzo Lieghio, George Ranville
- Utilities & Green Initiatives: John Lemanski (Chair), Tom Chastain, Paul Michalak
- Parks and Recreation: Paul Michalak (Chair), George Ranville, Tom Chastain
- Tree Board: Enzo Lieghio (Chair), Belinda Mollen, John Lemanski, Katherine Jaggi, Marianne Murray
If you have any questions, concerns or comments, you may contact the Village Hall at 231-436-5351.