Lana Jaggi was elected as the Village Clerk on September 15, 2009 and re elected in 2011, 2014, 2016, 2018 and 2020. On November 21, 2022 the Village Clerk position became a Village Council appointed position. Ms. Jaggi accepted an agreement for that date between the Village and herself as the Clerk for a term ending June 30, 2024. In 2016 Ms. Jaggi achieved Certified Municipal Clerk (CMC) designation, Certified Michigan Municipal Clerk (CMMC) designation and in 2020 was re-certified as a Michigan Professional Municipal Clerk (MiPMC).
The office of the Clerk deal with vital areas of the Village operations such as:-Maintaining all Village records-Municipal license-Serves as Clerk of the Village Council, recording all proceedings, resolutions, and ordinances-Serves as General Accountant/Accounts Receivable and Payable-Records and posts all financial transactions for the Village-Responds to all citizen concerns and F.O.I.A. Requests-Human Resource and Payroll Specific duties are outlined in the General Law Act 3 1895 Handbook-64.5 thru 64.8
Freedom of Information Act
Patty Peppler was reelected as the Village Treasurer on November, 2014 and has held the office since 1997. The Treasurer position is an elected position every two years.
Patty obtained her Michigan Certification for Municipal Treasurers in April, 2016.
The Treasurer’s position is not a seat of the Council and does not have any voting rights. The position entails collection of taxes and financial matters of the Village. The Village Treasurer performs the following duties:
• Having custody of and receiving all Village money, bonds, notes, leases, and evidence of value• Keeping an account of all receipts and expenditures of the Village• Collecting and keeping an account of all taxes and money appropriations, keeping a separate account of each fund• Performing duties relating to to tax levies• Providing periodic reports to the Clerk and Council as required by law.
The Village Manager is the chief administrative officer of the Village engaging in a capacity as the Village Manager and superintendent with general duties to manage, supervise, and report to the Village Council on all activities engaged in by the Village of Mackinaw City as a governmental agency established under the Village Charter.
Village Manager Duties
- Administering Village departments
- Enforcing all laws of the General Law Village Act and all ordinances and policies enacted by the Village Council
- Making reports and recommendations to the Village Council and carrying out Council goals and objectives
- Budget and finance
- The appointment of department heads and employees with Council approval
- Administering all contract and franchise agreements
- Human resource management and risk management
- Purchasing agent of the Village
- Make recommendations to the Council for the adoption of such measures as may be deemed necessary or expedient for the improvement or betterment of the Village and if also appointed as Street Commissioner, supervise and superintend all the public works departments of the Village, including streets, water, sewer, buildings and parks.