The Planning Commission is an appointed body which is charged with developing and implementing the Village's Comprehensive Development Plan. This plan provides a vision of the community's future. It is a tool for decision making on future development proposals.
The Planning Commission implements this plan through the Zoning Ordinance. Zoning is the authority to regulate private use of land by creating land use zones and applying development standards in the various zoning districts.
Planning Commission Members
- Ron Dye, Chair (Term Expires: 9/2022)
- Danny Ranville, Vice-Chair (Term Expires: 9/2021)
- Matthew Cooley, Secretary (Term Expires: 9/2023)
- Dave Morthland (Term Expires: 9/2022)
- Logan Paquet (Term Expires: 9/2021)
- Phil Sibigteroth (Term Expires: 9/2021)
- Jim Tamlyn (Term Expires: 9/2023)
Planning Commission Ordinance - Creation, Membership, Duties, etc.
Special meetings and sessions are 7pm, second Thursday of the every month
Village Hall Council Chambers, 102 S. Huron Avenue
If you want to be involved in planning the future of the Village, you are encouraged to attend meetings for the Planning Commission. Regular Meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the Village Hall. The Planning Commission also holds Special Meetings, Work or Special sessions on the second Thursday of the month at 7:00 p.m. if needed. The public is always welcome. Please call 231-436-5351 if you have any questions.