Telephone No.: 231-436-5351
The Community Development Department is responsible for questions regarding...
- Commercial and residential development
- Zoning issues
- Special use permits
- Subdivision of property
- Site Plan Review
- Village's Community Development Plan
- Assist residents in obtaining zoning permits for new construction, additions, remodeling and demolition
- Review building plans
- Issue sign and occupancy permits.
- Enforcing the Village’s Zoning, Sign, and Blight Ordinance
- Conduct zoning site inspections
- Provide Planning Commission with information needed to take action on activities and to formulate planning and zoning policy recommendations to the Village Council
- Maintaining Planning Commission records, Site Plans, Special Use Permits, Planned Unit Development Plans, Variances and Rezoning requests
- Participating in the development and implementation of short and long term plans related to capital improvements, economic development, land use planning, parks planning, and the Master Planning
Please click on the links below to view the Village's Ordinances, Forms and Applications.